an attempt at using a photo blog to "do small things with GREAT love..." - one photo at a time.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

3rd Sunday of Advent


title:Testify to the light
date taken: July 21, 2008
location:St. Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne, Australia

From Today's Gospel:
He came for testimony, to testify to the light,
so that all might believe through him.
He was not the light,
but came to testify to the light.
The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
-- John 1: 6-9


commentary: As noted, this was taken at St. Paul's Cathedral one day after the World Youth Day celebrations ended. I lit 3 candles that day. The number 3 holds a lot of significance for me, you know, the whole I am 3rd thing... but on that day, I lit a candle for the intentions of all those who asked us to pray for them, another for my family, and one for my dear friends. The prayer for my family and friends? That they would welcome the light of Christ into their hearts joyfully. A fitting picture for the 3rd Sunday of Advent isn't it?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP